Melissa's Cuisine: Caramel Apple Cider

Monday, December 24, 2012

Caramel Apple Cider

 
Are you ready for Christmas?  Is it looking like Christmas outside your window?  I don't know about you, but when it's cold outside, there's nothing better than a hot drink to warm you inside and out!

This Caramel Apple Cider is the perfect cold weather drink.  The cider is heated in the slow cooker, so the hands-on time is quite minimal.  Plus, your house will smell amazing while you're making it!  I served this at Thanksgiving and I plan to make it for our Christmas Eve celebration tonight.

Caramel Apple Cider

Serves 8

Ingredients:
1 (64 ounce) bottle of apple juice
6 cinnamon sticks
8 Tablespoons caramel ice-cream topping

1.  Pour the apple cider into the pot of a slow cooker.  Add the cinnamon sticks.

2.  Heat on low for 6-8 hours, until the cider is hot and the cinnamon sticks have uncurled and are soft.

3.  Carefully ladle the hot cider into mugs. 

4.  Stir 1 Tablespoon of caramel ice-cream topping into each mug of cider right before serving.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa, I'm your newest GFC follower. You have a lovely blog and I'm looking forward to reading your recipes. You can visit my blog at http://cake-cookie-pie.blogspot.com/

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips