Melissa's Cuisine: Blueberry Peach Cobbler

Friday, August 24, 2012

Blueberry Peach Cobbler

We're in the midst of peach season here and the local farmer's market is bursting with the scent of fresh peaches.  I love to use fruit that is currently in season because it is much more flavorful.

We had some friends from Romania over for dinner last week.  I made pulled pork sandwiches, which was fun because they hadn't had those before!  I wanted to top off our dinner with a fresh dessert.  The peaches were fresh and flavorful and I used the plump blueberries I had picked a couple weeks ago.  I topped each piece of cobbler with a dollop of whipped cream and it was a perfect summer dessert!
Blueberry Peach Cobbler

Serves 10-12

Ingredients:
8 peaches, pitted and sliced (nectarines can be substituted if desired)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup sugar, divided
3/8 tsp salt, divided
3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour, divided
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk


1.  In a large bowl, gently combine the peaches, lemon juice, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 Tablespoons flour.

2.  Pour into a greased 9x13" baking dish and arrange peaches in an even layer.  Sprinkle with blueberries.

3.  In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, and remaining salt.

4.  Place the butter and remaining sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer.  Using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

5.  Add the eggs in one at a time, mixing well after each addition.

6.  Mix in the vanilla extract.

7.  Add the flour mixture and buttermilk, alternating between the two. 

8.  Pour the batter over the fruit and spread evenly.

9.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour, until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.

Serve warm.  Cover and store any leftovers in the fridge.

Source: Eats Well With Others

2 comments:

  1. I love peach cobbler, but have never made one! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that I'm following you! This cobbler looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips